Rotor Dynamics and Bearing Analysis: 3-Day Course Overview
This 3-day (8 hours per day) course covers rotor dynamics analysis and bearings simulation for different types of rotors and bearings (journal, gas, rolling elements and thrust). Rotor dynamics fundamentals, basic design rules and analyses according API and other standards, bearing simulation aspects and more are explained.
The theoretical sections are supported with examples of real rotor-bearing systems and exercises with the AxSTREAM® platform for both bearing numerical simulation and lateral as well as torsional rotor dynamics analyses and rotor balancing which give practical understanding in the considered topics. Attendees will be able to investigate rotor vibration problems and avoid potential troubles of rotating machinery.
The course scope includes:
- Introduction to rotor-bearing systems design and analysis
- Common rotor dynamics failures in turbomachines
- Definition of terms related to rotor dynamics
- History of rotor dynamics
- Equivalent discrete systems
- Effect of structural supports
- Rolling element bearings
- Gas bearings
- Hydraulic bearings (sleeve, fixed and tilting pads)
- Bearing lubrication
- Thrust bearings
- Bearing direct and cross-coupled stiffness and damping characteristics
- Basics of rotor dynamics and bearings calculation
- Lateral analysis including static gravity, critical speed analysis, critical speed map, unbalance response, stability analysis, etc.
- Torsional analysis
- Rotor balancing
- Case studies (real systems analysis)
- Rotor-bearing systems analysis with the AxSTREAM® software platform
Who should attend?
- Engineers interested in receiving a detailed overview of rotor dynamics and/or bearings basics
- Design and development engineers, rotating equipment specialists who are involved in rotor design process
- Commissioning engineers, sales engineers and project managers who participate in design and optimization process of turbomachinery
- Engineering students looking for a comprehensive, theory-rich and hands-on course allowing them to meet the requirements of their future customers
- The registration fee for commercial organizations is $1,800.00 ($600.00 per day per individual)
- The registration fee for academic organizations is $1,500.00 ($500.00 per day per individual)
|October 16 - 18||Boston, USA||Rotor Dynamics and Bearing Analysis||Register|
|December 4 - 6||Zug, Switzerland||Rotor Dynamics and Bearing Analysis||Register|
|December 11 - 13||Bangalore, KA, India||Rotor Dynamics and Bearing Analysis||Register|