Centrifugal Compressor Design: 5-Day Training Course Overview
This comprehensive course includes multiple topics, starting with the basics of fluid dynamics and ending with a detailed overview of multistage centrifugal compressor design. To provide students with a better understanding of the materials covered, the course features numerous real-life examples and exercises.
The scope includes:
- Thermodynamic, aerodynamic basics, flow properties
- Primary centrifugal compressor elements, stage analysis
- Compressor preliminary design
- Impeller types, sizing and design
- Vaned and vaneless diffusers including wedge and low-solidity diffusers
- Volute types, sizing and aerodynamic
- Slip factor
- Multi-stage compressor design considerations
- Design of experiment applications in centrifugal compressor optimization
- Performance and off-design compressor analysis including choke, stall and surge predictions
- Blade profile generation and 3-D shape configuration, flow in channel
- Centrifugal compressor retrofitting
The ever-expanding demand for minimizing energy consumption is setting the stage for more eco-friendly engineering solutions. This Centrifugal Compressor Design course (Fundamentals and AxSTREAM workshop which provides in-depth hands-on experience with industry-standard tools) was developed to enable mechanical and aerospace engineers to respond to evolving industry needs and to produce high-efficiency turbomachinery.
Who should attend?
- Engineers specializing in centrifugal compressor design and maintenance of single and multi-stage compressors for various industrial applications, turbochargers, and centrifugal blowers.
- Engineers involved in the turbomachinery design and optimization process who are also interested in finding new, cost-effective solutions.
- Engineering and turbomachinery scholars seeking to gain a practical understanding of centrifugal compressor basics, compressors fluid dynamics, aerodynamics and structural analysis.
- Mechanical and aerospace engineering professors who need valuable course and reference material to ensure comprehensive, industry-focused training for their students.
SoftInWay provides one month AxSTREAMTM software license for all course attendees to continue turbomachinery education after finishing of the training program.
*Please note that the course schedule is not fixed and could be customized following the specific attendees’ requirements and needs.
|Centrifugal Compressor Design||Sep 18 - 22||Zug, Switzerland||Register Now|
|Centrifugal Compressor Design||Nov 6 - 10||Boston, MA, USA||Register Now|
|Centrifugal Compressor Design||Nov 27 - Dec 1||Bangalore, KA, India||Register Now|
- AxSTREAM Workshop: Turbomachinery Flow Path Design and Optimization
- Centrifugal Compressor Fundamentals