This online training workshop provides participants with an understanding of the design, analysis and optimization of thermodynamic cycles using AxCYCLE ™. Over the course of this workshop, 4 days consisting of 3 hours per day, engineers will learn about how to use the AxCYCLE software to successfully perform modeling and simulation of thermodynamic cycles at design and off-design conditions as well as undertake optimization tasks.
The course program can be customized according to the participant’s needs and permits the student to select a particular track of study based on his or her specific interests and applications. Some topics of study can include gas turbine/supercritical CO2 (Brayton) cycles, steam cycles, combined cycles, refrigeration cycles, ORC, and waste heat recovery systems.
The course scope includes:
- An introduction and overview of AxCYCLE™ and its capabilities
- Simulation of single component systems and troubleshooting
- Creation and calculation of simple cycles
- Best practices for cycle assembly and problem formulation flexibility
- Modification of existing cycles and performance of efficient recalculation
- Off-design characteristics
- Creation of advanced cycles and multi-fluid cycles
- Economic calculations using AxCYCLE™ for economics
Who should attend:
- Engineers working on thermodynamic cycle simulation and optimization that would like to learn a new, affordable tool that portrays flexibility and efficiency for cycle conceptual phases as well as analysis of existing systems based on few known parameters.
- Engineers involved in the turbomachinery design and optimization process who are looking for ways to quickly and accurately evaluate the feasibility and performances of the entire system in a one-of-a-kind integrated turbomachinery platform.
- Engineers who are interested in deepening their hands-on experience on heat balance calculation while receiving a free one-month trial of AxCYCLE™.
- Engineering professionals interested in learning more about the capabilities of the AxCYCLE™, including for evaluation purposes.
- Engineering and turbomachinery scholars interested in learning about AxCYCLE™ to better prepare themselves for their next professional opportunity.
Online Course Schedule for AxCYCLE Workshop
|May 9 - 12||AxCYCLE Workshop||Register Now|
|Jun 6 - 9||AxCYCLE Workshop||Register Now|
|Jul 11 - 14||AxCYCLE Workshop||Register Now|