Streamline System Performance - AxSTREAM System Simulation Overview
System modeling requires flexibility, specialization, and user-friendliness. Born out of the union of the legacy AxCYCLE and AxSTREAM NET software, the sum has bettered its parts with AxSTREAM System Simulation!
Introduction to AxSTREAM System Simulation
Environmental Control Systems Example
AxSTREAM System Simulation provides engineers with the tools to model and study how thermodynamic cycles and fluid systems (including those found in turbomachinery, energy conversion, and propulsion technology) will behave in the real world, all in one flexible and user-friendly software interface.
Through integrated 0D-1D reduced-order modeling of dependent multidisciplinary systems, this software can eliminate the interface gap that exists between siloed software or sub-systems. This also makes AxSTREAM System Simulation the ideal environment for digital twin modeling as it breaks down challenges that arise when multiple tools are required to simulate a system.
- Design, model, and explore new energy conversion systems including propulsion, HVAC, refrigeration, power generation, etc., as well as related auxiliary systems
- Evaluate different cycle architectures and analyze the performance of off-the-shelf products
- Optimize existing equipment (including engines and power plants) accounting for all affected technologies in one interface
Key Features & Benefits:
- Perform digital prototyping early in the design process through individual or coupled 0D-1D system modeling, reducing the extent and costs of physical testing without compromising quality
- Customize parameters throughout the system via scripting, empowering users to create their own control logic
- Perform, run, and analyze steady-state and transient calculations, enabling a more practical understanding of machine performance under real-world conditions
- Large library of embedded compressible and incompressible fluids, expandable through customization
Some Examples of Applications:
- Hydraulic networks
- Separation and mixing
- Heat exchangers
- Secondary air systems
- Anti-icing systems
- Turbine secondary flows
- Turbopump secondary flows
- Air regulation systems
- Generator/electro-motor cooling
- Lubrication systems:
- Other thermal-fluid systems
- Other thermodynamic cycles
- Fuel Cell
- sCO2 & ORC
- Steam Cycles
- Waste Heat Recovery
Try AxSTREAM System Simulation today!