AxSTREAM® Platform Workshop – Sustainable Energy Focus
We're sorry! This training has already taken place. If you're interested in learning about our upcoming courses, email us at Info@SoftInWay.com
This training is a follow-along workshop focused on providing participants with a high-level understanding of the design, analysis and optimization of turbomachinery components and systems through the AxSTREAM® platform. Although the skills taught are transferable to other applications, the examples presented will focus on the topic of sustainable (clean) energy.
During this interactive hands-on workshop, engineers will be introduced to various modules of the AxSTREAM® platform to model thermodynamic cycles, design turbomachinery components with alternative fluids (including sCO2, hydrogen, ORC, etc.), analyze rotor-bearing systems, and study thermal-fluid network modeling. By the end of this workshop, attendees will have a high-level understanding of how they can build a conceptual design of a turbomachine from scratch as well as model and simulate secondary flow systems and rotor-bearing assemblies in AxSTREAM®.
This crash course is divided into 5 independent sections, each 4 hours long (2 days x 2 hours). Sections and topics covered are listed below:
- Thermodynamic cycle development based on examples such as:
- Waste heat recovery
- Nuclear power generation
- Hydrogen power cycles
- sCO2 power cycles
- Heat pump cycles
- Design of compressors/pumps flow path
- Fuel cell compressors
- sCO2 compressors
- Refrigerant pumps
- Design of turbine flow path
- Gas turbines
- ORC turbines
- sCO2 turbines
- Rotor-bearing system modeling
- Steady-state and unsteady thermal-fluid network modeling of:
- Gas turbine secondary flow systems
- Piping/pipeline infrastructure
- Lubrication (including oil system)
This is an introductory workshop (no theoretical contents will be presented) aimed at showcasing the capabilities of AxSTREAM® and how you can use it to simplify and improve your workflows. All attendees will receive a free 30-day trial license and technical support for the relevant software capabilities to follow along during the workshop and further their skills once the training concludes.
- The registration fee for commercial organizations is $300.00 per section (2x2 hours) per individual
- The registration fee for academic organizations is $250.00 per section (2x2 hour) per individual)
- Group rates are available upon request (restrictions apply)
Participants can register for any number of topics since these sections can be taken together or independently.
Interested in attending this course at a different date/time? To arrange a private training, reach out to our team at Sales@Softinway.com.