Turbomachinery Retrofitting & Upgrades
While it is important to provide support for new and modern machinery, SoftInWay also offers engineering services for retrofitting and upgrading of existing rotating equipment. Our engineering team has extensive expertise in this field and will provide outstanding results by providing design, optimization and analytical capabilities that exceed expectations.
SoftInWay is capable of performing optimization and redesign of existing turbines, pumps, cycles, and compressors taking into consideration both client specification requirements and the limitations of the old geometry (shafts, casings, etc.).
Efficiency recovery upgrade options and considerations:
- Partial replacement of blading on existing stationary and rotating parts
- Replacement of complete inner blocks (steam path, rotor, inner casing)
- Replacement of complete turbine sections
- Introduction of advanced steam path technology
- Improved gland seal arrangements
- Centrifugal compressor rerate may include conversion of compressor to new process, fluid, and mass flow. There are a number of possible options to consider, including replacement of blading, development of new schedules of nozzle rotation, etc.
Want more information? Use our Contact Us form to your right or watch our recorded webinar on retrofitting and upgrades.