Centrifugal Compressor Optimization for Water-Cooled Chillers
June 4th, 2020 | 10:00 AM – 11:00 AM EDT
Chillers are key products in the HVAC industry. High performance compressors are an integral component of these chillers to ensure efficient and environmentally friendly operation. Although traditionally the compressor is designed for the nominal full-load chiller design condition, it is recognized that chillers must maintain best performance at many off-design conditions as well. This is why the integrated part load value (IPLV) is recognized by the Air Conditioning, Heating, and Refrigeration Institute (AHRI) as an important metric in standard ratings of chillers.
SoftInWay has decades of experience in turbomachinery design, including design of centrifugal compressors for the HVAC industry. In addition to turbomachinery design, SoftInWay’s system-level approach to the engineering design workflow, in combination with its suite of in-house tools, has shown that an integrated workflow enables faster design cycles and time-to market.
In this webinar, we show both the control optimization of existing compressors to maintain maximum coefficient of performance (COP) at all operating conditions, and a novel method of compressor design that optimizes IPLV across multiple intended operating points.
This webinar session will include:
- An overview of chiller technology, with a system and cycle-based analysis
- The importance of considering off-design conditions
- Performance optimization of existing components at off-design
- Clean-sheet novel design methods for optimum IPLV
Who should attend:
- Compressor Design Engineers and Managers
- HVAC Systems and Controls Engineers
- HVAC Industry Leaders and Professionals