API Standards In Rotor Dynamics Course
The main goal of this seminar is to provide consultants, equipment owners, operators, vibration analysts, condition monitoring and maintenance personnel with an understanding of API Standards, procedures, and acceptance criteria. It also covers mandatory analysis types that should be performed, requirements for equivalent rotor dynamics model development, machine design features and effects that should be accounted for in accordance with API. Additionally, the applicability and specifics of different API standards (API 611, 612, 617, 541, 546, 610, 613, 673, and 684) for different machine types is explored.
The seminar discusses how API standards can be treated and why these rules should be satisfied. Attention will be paid to rotor dynamics analysis reports and understanding of what information must be presented, how to interpret that information and associated charts with results, and what conclusions can be drawn about reliability. Fundamentals including an overview and theoretical background of rotor dynamics, as well as practical cases for different rotor-bearing systems, are also considered to give a clear understanding of the subject.
In addition to the course contents, all paid registrants receive a trial software license of AxSTREAM RotorDynamics EDU
This session will include:
- An overview of turbomachinery rotor-bearing systems
- Basics of rotordynamics and principles of oil film bearings operation
- An overview of API standards and applicability for different machine types
- Rotordynamics model creation specific to different turbomachines
- Required rotordynamics analyses for the particular rotor-bearing system:
- Lateral Undamped critical speeds and critical speed map
- Lateral Damped unbalance response
- Lateral Stability analysis
- Torsional modal and transient
- Examples of rotordynamics analyses for different machines
- Interpretation of reports and charts as it pertains to reliability of the rotor-bearing system
Who should attend?
- Rotating Machinery Equipment Engineers interested in understanding machine rotordynamics as it pertains to API standards.
- Engineers and Consultants supporting rotating equipment engineering, procurement, inspection, installation, and maintenance working with oil and gas, petrochemicals, and power generation.
- Rotating Machinery Equipment Engineers and Designers interested in specific calculation of machine rotor dynamics and understanding calculated rotordynamics data/results.
- Engineers and Designers involved in rotating machinery design for petrochemicals as well as the oil and gas industry.
- Students and Engineers interested in improving machine vibration and reliability.
The cost is $275 for the video course and software bundle.
Instructor: Dr. Roman Kochurov
Roman Kochurov is SoftInWay's Lead Rotor Dynamics Engineer. He currently holds over 12 years of industrial experience and his expertise include strength of structures, machinery vibrations, general rotor dynamics, reliability and lifetime predictions, turbines transient operation and thermo-structural analyses and FE mechanical analyses. He holds a PhD in Mechanical Engineering and has also led numerous seminars and trainings, as well as tutorial sessions at events such as ASME’s Turbo Expo.