Rotor Dynamics and Bearing Design Online Training
Rotating machinery plays a vital role in the power and transportation industries among others. Bearing in mind that the most vital component of these types of devices is the rotor, it is important for engineers to have a thorough understanding of rotor dynamics analysis and optimization. This hands-on course lasts 3 days (up to 3 hours per day) and is aimed toward mechanical engineers and engineering managers looking to learn, deepen or refresh their knowledge (including for evaluation purposes) on how to use the AxSTREAM® software for rotor train and bearing modeling and analyses for applications of turbomachinery and electro-motors/generators such as in power generation, mechanical drive, oil & gas, medical, aerospace, appliances, and more.
A strong emphasis is placed on case studies and software use which allow the attendees to apply the concepts presented and help with the retention and understanding of the information provided. Software exercises will be performed using SoftInWay’s AxSTREAM® platform and covers rotor dynamics and bearing analysis.
The course scope includes:
- Modeling of different types of radial bearings (rolling element, journal, fixed/tilting pad, elliptical, gas foil, squeeze-film damper)
- Modeling of thrust bearings (fixed/tilting pad)
- General bearing modeling in AxSTREAM Bearing:
- Steady-state, stability analysis and bearing map calculations
- Accounting for heat transfer
- Use of lubricant and material library
- Modeling of auxiliary components used in rotor dynamic analyses such as liquid annular seals, gas labyrinth seals, aerodynamic cross-coupling coefficients
- Access to some simplified bearing modeling approaches for validation purposes
- Transfer of data between AxSTREAM Bearing™ and AxSTREAM RotorDynamics™
- Rotor dynamics analysis in AxSTREAM Rotordynamics:
- Rotor and rotor train modeling including mass-inertia components, set up of rotor, bearings, supports, couplings, etc.
- Static gravity analysis
- Undamped critical speed analysis for a given number of natural frequencies for both rigid and flexible bearings
- Critical speed map with determination of support stiffness on calculated critical speeds
- Damped unbalance response analysis with actual critical speed value, amplification factor and separation margin
- Stability analysis with Campbell diagram for forward and backward whirl
- Modal torsional analysis with Campbell diagram for any desired excitation frequency
- Transient torsional analysis to determine system damping upon short-circuit, etc.
- 1-month trial license of AxSTREAM RotorDynamics
- $900 USD ($300 per person per day)
Who should attend:
- Mechanical engineers and engineering managers looking to learn or refresh their knowledge on rotor dynamics
- Engineers looking to receive training with SoftInWay’s tools for the rotor dynamics analysis
- Engineering students looking to expand their knowledge
|Rotor Dynamics Analysis Online Workshop||This course will take be back in Fall, 2022. If you're interested in upcoming dates or scheduling a private training, email us at email@example.com|