Radial Turbine Design Online Training
This hands-on course lasts 4 days (up to 3 hours per day) and is aimed toward mechanical engineers and engineering managers looking to learn or refresh their knowledge (including for evaluation purposes) on how to use the AxSTREAM® software for the design, analysis, redesign, and optimization of radial turbines, whether inflow or outflow.
The scope includes:
- Fluid designer options, as needed (to create custom fluids for use in the software)
- Preliminary design (unique capabilities for clean-sheet designs as well as redesigns, creation of digital siblings, etc.).
- Accounts for geometries with inlet nozzles and/or volute, determination of best geometric dimensions and flow parameters, number of stages (for radial outflow turbines), rotation speed, based on max. Mach number, blade height, etc.
- Meanline/streamline calculations (for accurate determination of performance, flow parameter distributions, etc. using 1D and 2D solvers)
- Off-design performance prediction (to create performance maps and perform parametric studies including but not limited to clearance evaluation, nozzle restaggering, etc.)
- Optimization (using various types of Design of Experiments methodologies)
- Hundreds of parameters can be selected from such as the number of blades, metal angles, etc. for each component
- Profiling and blade design (complete profiling of blade sections as well as their stacking based on blade parameters determined during conceptual design or from imported models) -
- Section profiling based on the distribution of beta and theta angles as well as channel thickness and other parameters determines at the Preliminary Design with the opportunity to use embedded 2D CFD to further evaluate blade performance.
- 3D blade design with manufacturing options (including ruled-surface blades for face-milling), lean, cut-off vs. cylindrical leading and trailing edges, etc.
- 3D FEA (stress analyses including static, modal, harmonic, hot-to-cold, cold-to-hot analyses as well as Campbell and interference diagrams)
- Mechanical design of the wheel and shroud can be performed or adapted from an existing geometry
- 3D CFD (computational fluid dynamics) for full blade channel or sections with easy comparison against 1D and 2D solvers
- Reverse engineering (from limited geometric data as well as using 3D CAD/cloud of point models of as-is hardware which makes it the perfect tool to create digital twin models)
- 1-month trial license of AxSTREAM®
- The registration fee is $1600 ($400 per person per day)
Who should attend:
- Engineers hoping to expand their knowledge on radial turbine essentials
- Design and development engineers of varying industries looking to improve their technical skills in the workplace
- Technical managers and employees looking to improve or expand their product range by incorporating innovative engineering solutions into the turbomachinery design process.
- Professors that are teaching turbomachinery design and students who are learning about turbomachinery.
|Radial Turbine Design||December 5, 7, 12, 14 (Tues/Thurs)||10:00 AM - 01:00 PM EST||4 Sessions||Register|