Centrifugal Compressor Design Online Training
This hands-on course lasts 4 days (up to 3 hours per day) and is aimed toward mechanical engineers and engineering managers looking to learn or refresh their knowledge (including for evaluation purposes) on how to use the AxSTREAM® software for the design, analysis, redesign and optimization of centrifugal compressors (single- or multi-stage and integrally-geared configurations) as well as fans and blowers.
This course can be customized to the student’s needs, but generally covers the topics listed below.
The course scope includes:
- Preliminary design of single-stage and multi-stage centrifugal compressors
- Preliminary design of multi-shaft (integrally-geared) centrifugal compressors (IGCC)
- Meanline and streamline calculations
- Vaned and vaneless diffusers including wedge and low-solidity diffusers
- Design and off-design performance including stall, choke and surge
- Impeller and 3D blade design
- Volute design
- Structural and vibration analysis (FEA)
- CFD of centrifugal compressors
- Slip factor
- Design of experiment applications in centrifugal compressor optimization
- 1-month trial license of AxSTREAM®
- The registration fee is $1200 ($300 per person per day)
Who should attend:
- Engineers specializing in centrifugal compressor design and maintenance of single and multi-stage compressors for various industrial applications, turbochargers, and centrifugal blowers.
- Engineers involved in the turbomachinery design and optimization process who are also interested in finding new, cost-effective solutions.
- Engineering students that are learning about turbomachinery design and need specialized tools that provides them with hands-on experience using a real-life design and optimization tool.
|Centrifugal Compressor Design Online Workshop are by request only. Please contact us for more information.||Request Course|