Centrifugal Compressor Design Online Training
This online course lasts 6 days ( up to 3 hours per day) and is aimed toward mechanical engineers and engineering managers looking to learn or refresh their knowledge on what centrifugal compressors are, how they work, what their place is in thermodynamic cycles, how to design them and so on. This course also benefits engineers interested in receiving software training (for future use and/or evaluation purposes) on the AxSTREAM Software Platform for the design, analysis, redesign and optimization of centrifugal compressors (single- or multi-stage and integrally-geared configurations)
This course can be customized to the student’s needs, but generally covers the topics listed below.
The course scope includes:
- Thermodynamic, aerodynamic basics
- Flow and fluid properties
- Primary centrifugal compressor elements, stage analysis
- Preliminary design of single-stage and multi-stage centrifugal compressors
- Preliminary design of multi-shaft (integrally-geared) centrifugal compressors (IGCC)
- Meanline and streamline calculations
- Vaned and vaneless diffusers including wedge and low-solidity diffusers
- Design and off-design performance including stall, choke and surge
- Impeller and 3D blade design
- Volute types, sizing and aerodynamics
- Structural and vibration analysis (FEA)
- CFD of centrifugal compressors
- Slip factor and velocity triangles
- Loss reduction in compressor
- Design of experiment applications in centrifugal compressor optimization
- 1-month trial license of AxSTREAM®
- The registration fee is $1800 ($300 per person per day)
Who should attend:
- Engineers specializing in centrifugal compressor design and maintenance of single and multi-stage compressors for various industrial applications, turbochargers, and centrifugal blowers.
- Engineers involved in the turbomachinery design and optimization process who are also interested in finding new, cost-effective solutions.
- Engineering students that are learning about turbomachinery design and need specialized tools that provides them with hands-on experience using a real-life design and optimization tool.
|Centrifugal Compressor Design Online Workshop||June 21, 22, 24, 27, 29, and July 1 (Tues/Wed/Fri/Mon/Wed/Fri)||10:00 AM - 01:00 PM EDT||6 Sessions||Register|