AxSTREAM.SPACE Workshop - Liquid Rocket Engine Cycle and Component Design
This training provides participants with a practical understanding of the design, analysis and optimization of turbopump components and systems in rocket engines using the AxSTREAM® software platform through 5 online sessions of 3 hours each.
During this interactive hands-on workshop, engineers will get introduced to various modules of the AxSTREAM.SPACE™ software package to model rocket engine cycles, design both pump and turbine (including conceptual design, analysis, performance maps, and 3D blade profiling), study secondary flows in the turbopump, analyze the rotor-bearing system and learn about how these steps can be integrated and automated seamlessly. This is an introductory workshop aimed at showcasing the capabilities of AxSTREAM.SPACE and how it can be used to simplify and improve the workflows of the attendees. All attendees will receive a free 30-day trial license of AxSTREAM.SPACE to follow along during the workshop and further their skills once the workshop concludes.
The workshop will introduce the following:
- Role of AxSTREAM in the design process of liquid rocket engines and its components
- Modeling liquid rocket cycles
- Preliminary design of hydraulic turbines
- Conceptual design of pumps including the inducer and impeller
- Detailed design and optimization of both turbomachines
- Design and off-design performance of rotating machinery
- Profiling and 3D blade design
- Modeling and calculating secondary flows during steady-state and transient operation
- Creation of complete rotor-bearing models for a given turbopump configuration to conclude on its lateral and torsional behaviors
- The registration fee for commercial organizations is $300.00 per day per individual)
- The registration fee for academic organizations is $250.00 per day per individual)
Participants can register for any number of days since these 3-hour sessions can be taken together or independently.
This introductory training is restricted to US companies only due to ITAR regulations. For non-US companies, please contact our team at email@example.com
|Day 1 – Rocket Cycles||Monday, July 19th||11:00 AM-2:00PM EDT||Register|
|Day 2 – Centrifugal Pumps||Tuesday, July 20th||11:00 AM-2:00PM EDT||Register|
|Day 3 – Axial Turbines||Wednesday, July 21st||11:00 AM-2:00PM EDT||Register|
|Day 4 – Rotor Dynamics||Thursday, July 22nd||11:00 AM-2:00PM EDT||Register|
|Day 5 – Secondary Flows in Turbopumps||Friday, July 23rd||11:00 AM-2:00PM EDT||Register|