Axial and Centrifugal Pump Design Online Course
Pumps have a vast range of applications in any given industry. From transporting water from wells to water cooling in automobiles, to even fluid flow within the human body, there continues to be a need to learn about this complex mechanical device. For the purposes of this online course, we will be focusing on what axial, radial and mixed-flow pumps are, how they work, what their place is in thermodynamic cycles, how to design them and so on.
The course scope includes:
- Preliminary design of pumps
- Utilization of AxSTREAM® streamline solver for axial, radial and mixed-flow pumps including meanline and streamline calculations, performance maps, and optimization
- Design and off-design performance including stall, choke and surge
- Cavitation phenomenon
- Rotor dynamics
- In-depth explanation of AxSTREAM® profiling and 3D analysis including axial pump profiling, 3D FEA structural and vibration analysis, and 3D CFD flow path calculations
- Utilization of multistage pump design-specific features and more
Who should attend:
- Mechanical engineers and engineering managers looking to learn or refresh their knowledge on axial, radial and mixed-flow pumps
- Engineers looking to receive training on SoftInWay’s tools for the design, analysis and optimization of dynamics pumps
- Academics that are teaching turbomachinery design and need specialized tools that allow students to easily study the influence of design parameters on size, performance, etc.