AxCYCLE™ Online Workshop
This hands-on workshop lasts 3 days (up to 3 hours per day) and is aimed toward engineers and engineering managers looking to learn, deepen or refresh their knowledge (including for evaluation purposes) on how to use AxCYCLE to model their thermodynamic cycle(s) of interest. Over the course of this workshop, engineers will learn how to use the AxCYCLE software to model and simulate thermodynamic cycles at design and off-design conditions as well as undertake optimization tasks and evaluate economic indices to determine feasibility and return on investment for various cycle configurations, fuel types, renovation schedules, etc.
The contents are customizable depending on the interests of the trainees but can include material related to steam, gas, ORC, heat pumps/refrigeration, geothermal, combined, supercritical CO2 cycles, and more. The scope ranges from the modeling of very simple cycles to complex ones for design and off-design conditions as well as optimization and economic evaluation in power plants (payback period, the influence of plant renovations, etc.).
The course scope includes:
- Modeling of simple cycles
- Troubleshooting procedures and tips
- Strategy to model complex systems
- Considerations for off-design calculations (both for the components and the entire cycle)
- Tools for parametric studies
- Optimization capabilities using DoE (Design of Experiment) methodologies as well as Sobol sequence (quasi-random solution generator)
- Economics analysis (applicable to power plants)
- 1-month trial license of AxCYCLE
Who should attend:
- Engineers working on thermodynamic cycle simulation and optimization that would like to learn a new affordable tool that portrays flexibility and efficiency for cycle conceptual phases as well as analysis of existing systems based on few known parameters.
- Engineers involved in the turbomachinery design and optimization process looking for ways to quickly and accurately evaluate the feasibility and performances of the entire system in a one-of-a-kind integrated turbomachinery platform.
- Engineering professionals interested in learning more about the capabilities of AxCYCLE, including for evaluation purposes.
- Engineering and turbomachinery scholars interested in learning about AxCYCLE to better prepare themselves for their next professional opportunity.
* AxCYCLE Online Workshops are by request only. Request more information here