Axial & Centrifugal Pump Design: 3 Day Training Course Overview
This course will lay the groundwork required for all engineers who are involved in design, optimization and operation of pumps. It runs for 3 days, 8 hours per day and is available in different locations worldwide (see the list of our upcoming offered locations at the bottom of the page).
The course will consist of hands-on practice where students will actually design, analyze and optimize axial and centrifugal pumps from scratch using the industry-leading AxSTREAM® platform.
The course structure will familiarize attendees with the basics of pump design, starting from a theoretical overview and ending with practical hands-on examples of how to implement the suggested procedures.
Each training section contains exercises to ensure the information is effectively covered and can be applied to real-world engineering challenges.
The attendees will explore in detail all features and parameters of basic pump design. For example: flow path configuration selection, machine sizing, impeller design, cavitation problems, NPSH, noise and vibration issues.
Attendees will also experience and learn to use state-of-the-art industry tools, which significantly speed up the design process resulting in savings of both time and cost.
Course scope includes:
- Fluid mechanic basics
- Pressure losses in pumping systems
- Pumping station and layout
- Types of pumps (axial, radial, mixed-flow) and factors affecting pump selection
- Double-suction pumps vs side-suction pumps
- Pump parameters and performance
- Similarity laws in pumps
- Theory of liquid compression and consideration of effect of viscosity
- Slip factor and velocity triangles
- Effect of the number of blades
- Forces acting on pump components and structural analyses (FEA)
- Preliminary design of axial, mixed-flow and centrifugal pumps
- Impeller and diffuser design
- Radial clearance considerations
- Volute design
- Performance maps for off-design prediction
- Consideration, specificities and design of multi-stage pumps
- Cavitation phenomenon and corresponding parameters
- Noise and vibrations
- Computation fluid dynamics (CFD)
- Rotor dynamics
Who should attend?
- Engineers interested in getting a detailed overview of the axial and centrifugal pump basics.
- Engineers working in the mechanical, aerospace, automotive, cryogenics, electric utility, food service, construction, distillery, and automotive industries who want to optimize the process of axial and centrifugal pump design, analysis, optimization, retrofitting and operations.
- Engineering students looking for a comprehensive, theory-rich and hands-on course allowing them to meet the requirements of their future customers.
- The registration fee for commercial organizations is $3,000.00 ($600.00 per day per individual)
- The registration fee for academic organizations is $2,500.00 ($500.00 per day per individual)
SoftInWay provides a one month AxSTREAM software license for all course attendees to continue turbomachinery education after finishing the training program.
If you're interested in seeing what this course can offer you and your company, contact us by filling out the form on the right for more information!
|Axial & Centrifugal Pump Design Online Workshop||April 6, 9, 13, 16 (Tue/Fri) ||11:00 AM-2:00PM EDT||4 Sessions||Register|