Turbomachinery Retrofitting & Upgrades
In addition to new machine design, retrofitting and upgrades is the second main area where over the years, our engineering team has accumulated great expertise and possess extensive design and analytical capabilities.
Steam turbines retrofits, rehabilitations and upgrades, including repowering a conventional plant and conversion of conventional steam cycles into combined cycles are quite typical modification options of the steam generation equipment and require adaptation of the steam turbine to the new steam parameters.
Based on client’s specification requirements, SoftInWay is capable of performing optimization and redesign of existing turbines and compressors, considering the limitations of the old geometry (shafts, casings).
For efficiency recovery upgrade we can consider some options:
- Partial replacement of blading on existing stationary and rotating parts
- Replacement of complete inner blocks (steam path, rotor, inner casing)
- Replacement of complete turbine sections
- Introduction of advanced steam path technology
- Improved gland seal arrangements
- Centrifugal compressor rerate may include conversion of compressor to new process, fluid, mass flow and etc. It could considered number of options including replacement of blading, developing of new law of nozzle rotation and etc.