Turbomachinery and System Design Workshop at Turbo Expo
Cycle and Turbomachinery Design, Analysis, Optimization, Blading, Cooling, and Rotor Dynamics
Date: June 25th, 2017
Location: The Holiday Inn - 230 North College St., Charlotte, NC
Time: 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM
We're sorry! This event has already passed. If you are interested in turbomachinery design, we offer the full AxSTREAM workshop here: AxSTREAM Workshop
Clement Joly, Lead Engineer – Training, Technical Support and Special Projects
Roman Kochurov, PhD - Lead Mechanical Engineer
Who Should Attend
Mechanical engineers and engineering managers working in turbomachinery design and optimization seeking to learn or refresh/extend their knowledge on flow path design and thermodynamic cycle, cooling system, and rotordynamics analysis while testing out an industry-leading software tool.
Workshop Overview and Objectives
This 1-day workshop offers engineers the opportunity to gain a better understanding of the entire turbomachinery design process by providing them with the instruction and guidance necessary to test out the fully integrated AxSTREAM software platform. Covering everything from flow path design to the machine reliability and their operation in thermodynamic cycles, this workshop takes on a customized approach providing attendees with different session options catered towards the engineer’s specific interests and needs. Topics may include:
- Preliminary design, meanline and streamline calculations, off-design performance predictions, and multidisciplinary 1D/2D/3D optimization of machine flow path with AxSTREAM®
- Steam, gas, combined, and organic Rankine cycles as well as optimization of thermal-fluid systems
- Optimization of cooling system for turbines and compressors (including blades, nozzles, and so on).
- Rotor-Bearing systems design and analysis
- Lateral and torsional analysis
- A customizable structure which permits the attendee to focus on his or her specific interest(s).
- A chance to conceptualize and test out a software platform for a number of different design and analysis functions.
- A range of both easy and more challenging exercises using the tools provided.
- Interactions and one-on-one accessibility to SoftInWay instructors.
* What machines are you interested in? Let us know when you register!
* Please note that approval is necessary to attend this workshop. A member of the SoftInWay team will be in touch after registration.