3-Day Training Workshop for Professional Designers
This training provides participants with a practical understanding of the design and optimization of flow paths for turbomachinery equipment using AxSTREAM™. During this interactive, hands-on workshop, engineers will use AxSTREAM™ software to successfully perform preliminary design of turbomachinery flow paths, inverse and direct 1D/2D analysis and optimization, 3D profiling/stacking of the airfoils, 3D FEA and CFD, and export of results to 3D CAD programs.
The training includes break-out sessions, one-on-one design consultation with our SoftInWay teachers and review of actual test cases. Each student can choose a particular track of study based on his or her specific interests:
- Axial and radial turbomachinery (comprehensive overview)
- Axial turbine
- Axial compressor
- Centrifugal compressor
- Radial turbine
- Retrofitting and performance upgrades
- The course program can be customized according to the participants’ needs
For each training workshop, SoftInWay invites guest speakers – world-recognized authorities in the field of turbomachinery – which enables attendees to access the latest in engineering technology from industry leaders.
On completion of the course, participants will be able to design and optimize a complete flow path from basic boundary condition data and receive a free 30 day trial license of AxSTREAM™.
The scope includes:
- Theory of turbomachinery design from conceptual to reality, and the role of AxSTREAM™ in the design process.
- Features and major design parameters of axial and radial turbomachinery
- How to use AxSTREAM™ to design an optimized flow path from preliminary design to generation of 3D blade profiles. (For both original design and redesign of existing equipment.)
“The course provided by SoftInWay Inc, fulfilled, and in addition, surpassed our requirements/expectations. After a thorough update on the theoretical part, the in-house program of SoftInWay Inc., AxSTREAM, was interactively demonstrated by practical test cases, which were accompanied by extensive course material & illustrations. This is an intensive course which I can recommend to anyone in need of theoretical & practical knowledge on turbines.”
-Sulzer Turbo Services Rotterdam
Ideal candidates for this course are:
- Engineers involved in the turbomachinery design and optimization process who are looking for ways to improve the design process and significantly reduce production speed.
- Engineers who are interested in breaking into the field of turbomachinery and want to learn the fundamentals of preliminary flow path design and optimization as well as receive a free one-month trial of AxSTREAM™ design and analysis software suite.
- Engineering professionals interested in learning more about the capabilities of the AxSTREAM™ suite.
- Engineering and turbomachinery scholars interested in learning about the new AxSTREAM™ suite features and their impact on the field of turbomachinery.
- Engineering students interested in becoming early adopters of the next generation of turbomachinery optimization tools and learning in depth capabilities of AxSTREAM™, the Gold Standard in the field of preliminary flow path design.
Examples of Course Schedule and Contents
Locations and Dates for 2014
Training: AxSTREAM Workshop
|July 23 - 25||Bangalore, KA, India||TM Flow Path Design||Register|
|September 17 - 19||Boston, MA, USA||TM Flow Path Design||Register|
|September 17 - 19||Zug, Switzerland||TM Flow Path Design||Register|
|October 8 - 10||Boston, MA, USA||TM Flow Path Design||Register|
|November 19 - 21||Boston, MA, USA||TM Flow Path Design||Register|
|November 26 - 28||Zug, Switzerland||TM Flow Path Design||Register|
|December 17 - 19||Boston, MA, USA||TM Flow Path Design||Register|
If you would like more information about our training program, please call us at 1-781-328-4310 or email email@example.com.