Turbopump Design Technologies - Software and Services
At SoftInWay we continue to position ourselves as leaders in innovative turbomachinery design for the aerospace and space exploration industry. By working closely with clients such as Reaction Engines, ASIRI, and numerous other players (including military and defense contractors), we are able to understand our customer’s design challenges and provide them with the software tools and support needed to overcome these challenges, meet deadlines faster, and achieve higher levels of performance in their rocket engine turbopump technology.
AxSTREAM® for Turbopump Design
The AxSTREAM® platform is a multidisciplinary turbomachinery design, analysis and optimization software tool. Aerospace and mechanical engineers alike can utilize AxSTREAM® to assist them with all their turbopump design needs. The tasks a user can solve with AxSTREAM® include:
- Complete turbopump design utilizing preliminary design, meanline and streamline analysis, CFD, FEA, and rotor dynamics modules.
- Analysis of existing turbopumps and their performance at design and off-design conditions (including cavitation parameters like NPSH, NPSHR, specific speed, etc.)
- Determination of the best configuration for rotor assembly of the turbopump’s components such as the fuel turbine, fuel pump and oxidizer pump
- Troubleshooting and correcting efficiency/reliability issues in existing hardware
- Balancing of turbopump axial loads
- Redesign, optimization, rerates, and upgrades of existing turbopumps and their components
Additionally, users can utilize AxSTREAM NET™, SoftInWay’s software tool for secondary flow systems to solve tasks such as:
- Estimation of recirculating flow temperature
- Determination of leakages
- Calculation of the overboard bleed mass flow rate
- Sizing of auxiliary components
Turbopump Design Services
When our company was founded nearly 20 ago, its original focus was in turbomachinery consulting. Since then, we have expanded into many different sectors and markets but our core foundation remains. Our turbomachinery engineering service team has been chosen by customers across the globe to serve as an extension of our clients engineering team. Armed with AxSTREAM®, our expertise enables us to develop top-of-the-line rocket engine turbopump technology for your aerospace project.
Contact us to learn more and check out some of our capabilities below!