Rotor Bearing System Design and Dynamics Analysis
Integrated Approach to Rotor-Bearing System Design and Dynamics Analysis
Dec 8th, 2016 | Start Time 10:00 – 11:00 AM EDT
Rotor-bearing systems are the most critical component of any rotating machinery. Rotor lifetime and reliability depend on the level of rotor vibrations. In order to meet the high requirements of reliability each step of the rotor design should be based on accurate rotor dynamics prediction. The iterative rotor-bearing systems design process can be significantly accelerated by applying an integrated approach which combines design activities with rotor dynamics analysis, bearings characteristics calculation and the full scope of structural analyses.
SoftInWay, a leading turbomachinery software and service provider, has accumulated a wealth of experience in the field of design and analysis of manifold rotor-bearing systems such as steam and gas turbines rotors, axial and radial compressors, turbochargers, pumps, generators and motors, and so on. A set of special software tools and modules for rotor design, rotor dynamics analysis and bearings calculation was developed by SoftInWay to support real engineering projects and satisfy designers and rotor dynamics analysts needs and requests.
In this webinar, an integrated approach to rotor-bearing systems design and dynamics analysis will be considered. Special focus is paid to the problems of rotor dynamics predictions for different machines and different types of bearings simulation. Cases of real machines rotors will be presented and we will show how the iterative rotor design process can be accelerated using the AxSTREAM Platform including AxSTREAM Rotor Dynamics and Bearing software.
The webinar session will include:
- A brief introductions to rotors and bearings construction for different technical applications and their roles in the turbomachinery industry
- Introduction to Rotor Design process, Rotor Dynamic and Journal Bearings analyses. Integrated approach for rotor-bearing system design and analysis
- Rotor Design/Analysis Case studies
- Program application presentation and description capabilities and features
Who should attend:
- Rotating machinery equipment engineers and designers interested in calculating and optimizing machine rotor dynamics and bearings
- Engineers interested in improving machine life and performance with optimal bearings
- Engineering students interested in the future of turbomachinery design and optimization.