Rotor Dynamics Self-Paced Video Course
This comprehensive course covers rotor dynamics analysis and bearings simulation for different types of rotors and bearings (journal, thrust. gas, rolling elements, etc). It covers rotor dynamic fundamentals, rotor balancing, basic design rules, analysis according to API and other standards, bearing simulation aspects and more.
The goal of this self-paced course is to provide engineers with a better understanding of rotor dynamics and bearing analysis at a theoretical level.
Rotor Dynamics & Bearing Analysis Self-Paced Training:
- Introduction to rotor bearing systems design and analysis
- Definition of terms related to rotor dynamics
- History of rotor dynamics
- Equivalent discrete systems
- Jeffcott rotor analytical and numerical analysis
- Effect of structural supports
- Rolling element bearings
- Gas bearings
- Journal bearings (sleeve, fixed and tilting pads)
- Thrust bearings
- Basics of rotor dynamics and bearings calculation
- Lateral analysis including static gravity, critical speed analysis, critical speed map, unbalance response, stability analysis, etc.
- Torsional analysis
- Rotor balancing
- Case studies (real systems analysis)
Who should attend?
- Engineers interested in receiving a detailed overview of rotor dynamics and/or bearing design basics
- Design engineers, development engineers, or rotating equipment specialists who are involved in the rotor design process
- Commissioning engineers, sales engineers and project managers who participate in the design and optimization process of turbomachinery
- Engineering students looking for a comprehensive, theory-rich course allowing them to meet the requirements of their future customers and/or employers
The costs is $100 for the video course and $300 for the video course and software bundle.
This online turbomachinery video course is perfect for anyone with a hectic schedule as it permits you to go at your own pace. Courses are broken into 45-minute sections. Fill out the contact form on the right for more information.
Watch the Rotordynamics Online Training Preview
"I must say that the video course on Rotordynamics is the best $100 I have ever spent. The content is extremely educational and intuitive"
Mechanical Reliability Engineer
"A most useful and interesting educational course backed up by excellent course text with helpful examples. The course content covered all of the basic fundamentals and was delivered at a pace that allowed the information to be digested ensuring a full understanding. The lecturers were extremely helpful and were more than willing to answer any questions. Overall a very good insight into fundamentals. I look forward to working with you again and hope that I might be on a training course on the use of AxSTREAM again soon. "
Nathan A MEng (Hons) AMIMechE
Design Engineer - Product Development
Dresser-Rand Company Limited
"Because the course was divided in a fundamental theory part and a more practical software part, I was able to concentrate on the most important equations and principles before using them in the software. The fundamentals were a good basis for further study and extensive; All main functions and results of AxSTREAM were understandable afterwards. And where not, further explanation was plentiful."
Fontys University of Applied Sciences, the Netherlands