Centrifugal Compressor Design Self-Paced Video Course
This comprehensive course program includes 5.5 hours of videos featuring software demonstrations and explanations related to the design, analysis and optimization of centrifugal compressors.
The goal of this self-paced course is to provide engineers with a better understanding of centrifugal compressors in AxSTREAM® and help them discover the tool and/or refine their skills with the software platform.
This course is broken down into different sections and chapters with quizzes at the end of each video (about 30 minutes each) to ensure the knowledge presented has been understood, retained and can be effectively applied to engineering challenges.
Centrifugal Compressor Design Self-Paced Training Scope:
- Preliminary design of single-stage centrifugal compressors
- Preliminary design of multi-stage centrifugal compressors
- Preliminary design of multi-shaft (integrally-geared) centrifugal compressors (IGCC)
- Meanline and streamline calculations
- Design and off-design performance including stall, choke and surge
- Impeller and 3D blade design
- Volute design
- Structural and vibration analysis (FEA)
- CFD of centrifugal compressors
Who should attend:
- Engineers aspiring to deepen their understanding of how the AxSTREAM platform can allow them to more efficiently use the suite of tools to design, analyze and optimize centrifugal compressors.
- Engineers looking to evaluate the AxSTREAM software platform for operations on centrifugal compressors.
- Technical managers seeking to improve or expand their product range by incorporating innovative engineering solutions into the turbomachinery design process.
- Academics that are teaching turbomachinery design and need specialized tools that allow students to easily study the influence of design parameters on size, performance, etc.