Axial & Centrifugal Pumps Design Self-Paced Video Course
The course aims to provide in-depth understanding of the principles involved in hydraulic pumps design. In addition to that, the course also highlights the key aspects of a pumping station as a whole. This comprehensive course program includes several hours of videos featuring software demonstrations and explanations related to the design, analysis and optimization of both axial and radial (centrifugal) as well as mixed-flow pumps.
The goal of this self-paced course is to enable the attendee to understand the main parameters involved in efficient design and optimization of hydraulic pumps. Discussion, of the issues related to pump operation with the mechanisms responsible for the same, is provided and the remedies are explained thoroughly.
This course is broken down into different sections and chapters with quizzes at the end of each video (about 30 minutes each) to ensure the knowledge presented has been understood, retained and can be effectively applied to engineering challenges.
Axial & Centrifugal Pumps Design Self-Paced Training Scope:
- Fluid dynamics
- Fundamentals of hydraulic pump design
- Centrifugal pump theory and design
- Axial pump theory and design
- Mixed-flow pump theory and design
- Cavitation phenomenon
- Preliminary design of axial pumps
- Preliminary design of centrifugal pumps
- Preliminary design of mixed-flow pumps
- Meanline and streamline calculations
- Design and off-design performance including stall, choke and surge
- Impeller and 3D blade design
- Volute design
- Structural and vibration analysis (FEA)
- Rotor dynamics
- CFD of both axial and radial pumps
Who should attend:
- Engineers aspiring to deepen their understanding of how the AxSTREAM platform can allow them to more efficiently use the suite of tools to design, analyze and optimize pumps.
- Engineers looking to evaluate the AxSTREAM software platform for operations on centrifugal pumps and/or axial pumps.
- Technical managers seeking to improve or expand their product range by incorporating innovative engineering solutions into the turbomachinery design process.
- Academics that are teaching turbomachinery design and need specialized tools that allow students to easily study the influence of design parameters on size, performance, etc.