Turbocharger Design Online Course
Our turbocharger design online training will go over the theoretical knowledge required to design, analyze and optimize axial turbines and/or radial turbines and centrifugal compressors as well as how to match them together. The scope covered both in the fundamentals and the AxSTREAM® platform, hands-on parts will range from conceptual design to analysis of a machine for design and off-design conditions, blade profiling and 3D analyses (FEA & CFD).
The course scope includes:
- Fluid dynamics basics
- Working fluid properties
- Flow in channels
- Centrifugal compressor, axial turbine and/or radial turbine elements
- Centrifugal compressor, axial turbine and/or radial turbine design parameters
- Blade/impeller types, designs and loading
- Slip factor
- Vaned, vaneless diffusers including wedge and low-solidity diffusers
- Volute types, shapes, sizing and aerodynamic design
- Losses in single-stage and multi-stage centrifugal compressors, axial turbines and/or radial turbines
- Multistage centrifugal compressors design including return channels, deswirlers, etc.
- AxSTREAM® preliminary design of axial and/or radial turbines and centrifugal compressors
- AxSTREAM® streamline solver for axial and/or radial turbines and centrifugal compressors
- Off-design performance predictions including stall, choke and surge
- Axial and/or radial blade profiling and 3D FEA structural and vibration analysis
- Turbine and compressor matching
Who should attend:
- Engineers in the automotive/marine, propulsion and power generation industry to gain an extensive understanding of turbocharger design, performance and matching of engine and turbochargers
- Engineers who are interested in getting a detailed overview on design of turbocharger compressors and turbines
- Academicians and students looking for comprehensive theory-rich and hands-on course on turbocharger design
Turbocharger Design online courses are by request only. Request more information here.