Liquid Propulsion System Design: 5 Day Training Course Overview
This training provides participants with a practical understanding of the design, analysis and optimization of turbopump components and systems in rocket engines using the AxSTREAM® software platform.
During this interactive, hands-on workshop, engineers will get introduced to various modules of the AxSTREAM® suite to successfully perform design of both pump and turbine (including conceptual design, blade profiling, 3D FEA & CFD, etc.), study secondary flows in the turbopump, analyze the rotor-bearing system, and learn about how to integrate and automate these steps seamlessly.
The training includes break-out sessions, one-on-one design consultation with our SoftInWay teachers and review of actual test cases.
Upon completion of the course, participants will have an introductory understanding of the main capabilities of the AxSTREAM® platform with regards to design of turbopumps. They will also receive a free 30 day trial license of AxSTREAM® to further develop the skills presented during the training.
The scope includes:
- Role of AxSTREAM® in the design process of turbopumps
- Preliminary design of hydraulic turbine
- Conceptual design of pumps including inducer and impeller
- Detailed design of both turbomachines
- Design and off-design performance of rotating machinery
- Optimization of turbomachines
- Profiling and 3D blade design
- Structural and vibration analyses (FEA)
- Computational Fluid Dynamics Analysis (CFD)
- Flow path export
- Reverse engineering and redesign of existing equipment
- Model and calculate secondary flows during steady-state and transient operation
- Creation of complete rotor-bearing models for different configurations to conclude on its lateral and torsional behaviors
Who should attend?
- Engineers involved in the turbopump design and optimization process who are looking for ways to improve the design process and significantly reduce production speed
- Engineers who are interested in learning how to use AxSTREAM® for design, analysis and optimization of rotating machinery applied to liquid propulsion
- Engineering professionals interested in learning more about the capabilities of the AxSTREAM® platform, including for evaluation purpose
- Engineering and turbomachinery scholars interested in learning about the new AxSTREAM® platform features and their impact on the joint fields of turbomachinery and space propulsion
- Engineering students interested in becoming early adopters of the next generation of turbomachinery optimization tools and learning in depth capabilities of AxSTREAM®, the Gold Standard in the field of turbomachinery design
This workshop presents the essential basics covered in more details during the:
- AxSTREAM® Workshop (Axial Turbines and Centrifugal Pumps)
- AxSTREAM NET™ Workshop
- Rotor Dynamics and Bearing Analysis Workshop
|June 3 - 7||Boston, MA, USA||Liquid Propulsion System Design||Register|