Waste Heat Recovery Design Self-Paced Training
This comprehensive course includes more then 20 hours of lectures on cycle analysis and turbine engineering, starting from general discussions of energy systems and opportunities for waste heat recovery and ending with complete design of flow path and 3D blades for both axial and radial turbines.
The goal of this self-paced course is to provide engineers with a better understanding of waste heat recovery systems; what they are, how they can be used and useful and how to design and optimize them to provide a greener way to convert energy.
This course will familiarize attendees with the basics of waste heat recovery thermodynamic cycles as well as axial and radial turbines while highlighting the different types of heat exchangers available as well as the specificities of pumps regarding organic Rankine cycles. The program will start with a theoretical overview of WHR cycles, turbine thermodynamics, gas dynamics, aerodynamic of both axial and radial turbines, and end with typical examples implementing the suggested procedures. Each training section (about 30 minutes for each video) contains a quiz to ensure the information is understood and can be effectively applied to engineering challenges.
Waste Heat Recovery Design Online Training
- Introduction to waste heat recovery, cycles, AxCYCLE, and turbines in AxSTREAM
- Different types of waste heat recovery systems
- Waste heat recovery equipment selection and design
- Fundamentals of turbine design and introduction to preliminary design
- Turbine losses
- Turbine analysis, off-design operation and optimization
- 3D blade design
- Pumps for ORC
- 3D FEA & CFD
- Import of existing designs
- Fluid designer
- Flow and speed control systems
- Development & challenges in waste heat recovery
Who should attend?
- Mechanical engineers and engineering managers looking to learn about or refresh their knowledge on axial and/or radial turbines
- Engineering professionals interested in learning more about the capabilities of the AxCYCLE® and AxSTREAM® Platform
- Students or seeking to expand their knowledge