Rotor Dynamics Self-Paced Online Training
This comprehensive course covers rotor dynamics analysis and bearings simulation for different types of rotors and bearings (journal, thrust. gas, rolling elements, etc). It covers rotor dynamic fundamentals, rotor balancing, basic design rules, analysis according to API and other standards, bearing simulation aspects and more.
The goal of this self-paced course is to provide engineers with a better understanding of rotor dynamics and bearing analysis at a theoretical level.
Rotor Dynamics & Bearing Analysis Self-Paced Training
- Introduction to rotor bearing systems design and analysis
- Definition of terms related to rotor dynamics
- History of rotor dynamics
- Equivalent discrete systems
- Jeffcott rotor analytical and numerical analysis
- Effect of structural supports
- Rolling element bearings
- Gas bearings
- Journal bearings (sleeve, fixed and tilting pads)
- Thrust bearings
- Basics of rotor dynamics and bearings calculation
- Lateral analysis including static gravity, critical speed analysis, critical speed map, unbalance response, stability analysis, etc.
- Torsional analysis
- Rotor balancing
- Case studies (real systems analysis)
Who should attend
- Engineers interested in receiving a detailed overview of rotor dynamics and/or bearing design basics
- Design engineers, development engineers, or rotating equipment specialists who are involved in the rotor design process
- Commissioning engineers, sales engineers and project managers who participate in the design and optimization process of turbomachinery
- Engineering students looking for a comprehensive, theory-rich course allowing them to meet the requirements of their future customers and/or employers
This online turbomachinery video course is perfect for anyone with a hectic schedule as it permits you to go at your own pace. Courses are broken into 45-minute sections.