Radial Turbine Design Online Training
This comprehensive course program includes more than a dozen hours of videos featuring both theoretical overview and software demonstrations and explanations related to the design, analysis and optimization of radial turbines.
The goal of this self-paced course is to provide engineers with a better understanding of radial turbines and help them find new, more accurate, cost-saving solutions through successful radial turbine design and operation tasks.
This program includes theoretical knowledge as well as hands-on experience with industry-leading software tools (additional option required). It starts with a theoretical overview of turbine thermodynamics, gas dynamics and cycles, to continue with preliminary design, detailed design, analysis and optimization of radial turbines at the 1D, 2D and 3D levels including 3D blade design, FEA and CFD analysis and more
This course is broken down into different sections and chapters with quizzes at the end of each video (about 30 minutes) to ensure the knowledge presented has been understood, retained and can be effectively applied to engineering challenges.
Radial Turbine Design Self-Paced Training
- Fluid dynamics basics
- Radial turbine design
- Off-design performance prediction
- Variable geometry turbines (VGT)
- Volute sizing, design and aerodynamic
- Impeller sizing and design
- Radial turbine optimization
- 3D blade design
- Structural and vibration analysis (FEA)
- CFD of radial turbines
- Review of some OEM turbine design examples
This course begins with conceptual design of radial turbines and continues onto meanline/streamline analysis to finish with 3D design and analyses. It includes fluid dynamics basics, fundamentals of radial turbine design, presentation of OEM examples, FEA & CAD calculations, etc.
Who Should Attend:
- Engineers aspiring to deepen their understanding of radial turbine essentials as a way of improving the overall design practice.
- Design and development engineers of industries using radial turbines with project and product responsibility.
- Technical managers seeking to improve or expand the product range by incorporating innovative engineering solutions into the turbomachinery design process.
- Academics that are teaching turbomachinery design and need specialized course, tools and reference material based on the latest engineering findings.