This online course will take you through the fundamentals of centrifugal compressor design using SoftInWay’s AxSTREAM® software platform. Starting with preliminary design, the goal of this course is cover the entire design process of centrifugal compressors with everything from meanline/streamline calculations, all the way to blade profiling and 3D stress and computational fluid dynamics. This course can be customized to the student’s needs, but generally covers a wide range of topics.
The course scope includes:
- Preliminary design of single-stage and multi-stage centrifugal compressors
- Preliminary design of multi-shaft (integrally-geared) centrifugal compressors (IGCC)
- Meanline and streamline calculations
- Vaned and vaneless diffusers including wedge and low-solidity diffusers
- Design and off-design performance including stall, choke and surge
- Impeller and 3D blade design
- Volute design
- Structural and vibration analysis (FEA)
- CFD of centrifugal compressors
- Slip factor
- Design of experiment applications in centrifugal compressor optimization
Who should attend:
- Engineers specializing in centrifugal compressor design and maintenance of single and multi-stage compressors for various industrial applications, turbochargers, and centrifugal blowers.
- Engineers involved in the turbomachinery design and optimization process who are also interested in finding new, cost-effective solutions.
- Engineering students that are learning about turbomachinery design and need specialized tools that provides them with hands-on experience using a real-life design and optimization tool.