Axial Turbine Design: 5-Day Training Course Overview
The goal of this course is to provide engineers with a better understanding of steam and gas turbines and help them find new, more accurate, cost-saving solutions through successful axial turbine design and operation tasks.
This course will familiarize attendees with the basics of steam and gas turbine design. The program includes theoretical knowledge as well as hands-on experience with industry-leading software tools. It will start with a theoretical overview of turbine thermodynamics, gas dynamics and cycles, to continue with preliminary design, detailed design, analysis and optimization of axial turbines at the 1D, 2D and 3D levels including 3D blade design, FEA and CFD analysis. The program includes SoftInWay’s Axial Turbine Fundamentals course supported by numerous examples and more intensive study of turbine design. Thus each training section contains exercises to ensure the information is understood and can be effectively applied to engineering challenges.
The course scope includes:
- Steam, gas and combined cycles
- Gas dynamics and working fluid properties
- Steam and gas turbine designs - fundamental turbine stage parameters
- Initial turbine sizing - multistage turbines (conceptual design)
- Turbine optimization and detailed design
- Losses in axial turbines
- Off-design performance prediction
- Start-up and shut-down
- 3D blade design
- Structural and vibration analyses
- Blade fastening (disk, root, shroud, lashing wires)
- Blade cooling
- Tertiary components
- Turbine retrofitting
- OEM turbine designs
"The training exceeded my expectations. The exposure to a complex design and analysis program was made simple and easy to understand and utilize. The training will allow for continued use of the software."
- Member of the Ethos Energy team
Who should attend:
- Engineers aspiring to deepen their understanding of steam and gas turbine essentials as a way of improving the overall design practice.
- Design and development engineers of power generation and transportation industries with project and product responsibility.
- Technical managers seeking to improve or expand their product range by incorporating innovative engineering solutions into the turbomachinery design process.
- Academics that are teaching turbomachinery design and need specialized course, tools and reference material based on the latest engineering findings.
SoftInWay provides a one month AxSTREAM® software license for all course attendees. This allows attendees to continue turbomachinery education after finishing the training program.
|Axial Turbine||Oct 16 - 20||Boston, MA, USA||Register Now|
|Axial Turbine||Nov 6 - 10||Bangalore, KA, India||Register Now|
|Axial Turbine||Nov 20 - 24||Zug, Switzerland||Register Now|