Axial Turbine Design 3-Day AxSTREAM® Workshop for Professional Designers
Tianjin, China | November 29th - December 1st
This training provides participants with a practical understanding of the design, analysis and optimization of axial turbine flow paths for applications such as steam turbines and gas turbines in power generation, mechanical drive, aerospace and land-based gas turbines using the AxSTREAM® software platform. It is divided between explanatory parts and hands-on sections where trainees are supervised and helped throughout their progress with the tool. Software exercises will be performed using SoftInWay’s AxSTREAM® suite and covers the full design process of axial turbines.
Some of the different design aspects covered in this interactive, hands-on workshop include the following within a seamless user interface:
- Introduction to turbomachinery design process using AxSTREAM®
- Preliminary design of turbomachine in AxSTREAM® for conceptual design of flow paths and initial sizing
- Meanline and streamline calculations using direct solvers for 1D/2D analysis (taking into account leakage balance and blade cooling)
- Post-processing of analyses, including losses
- Off-design performance prediction (maps) for a given design
- Geometry optimization using design of experiment approach
- Blade profiling and 3D blade design including airfoils stacking and export of results to 3D CAD programs
- Cooling in gas turbines
- 3D FEA for structural analysis (AxSTRESS™)
- 3D CFD for computation of flow in blade channels (AxCFD™)
- Reverse engineering of blades (CAD models and cloud of points) using AxSLICE™ for benchmarking, rerating, retrofits and redesigns;
- Creation of custom fluids including mixtures and combustion products.
This hands-on workshop lasts 3 days (8 hours per day) and is aimed toward mechanical engineers and engineering managers looking to learn or refresh their knowledge on this software platform for the design, analysis and optimization of turbomachines as well as for tool evaluation purposes, including the following:
- Engineers involved in the turbomachinery design and optimization process who are looking for ways to improve the axial turbine design process and significantly reduce production time;
- Engineers who are interested in learning how to use AxSTREAM® for design, analysis and optimization of rotating machinery;
- Engineering professionals interested in learning more about the capabilities of the AxSTREAM® platform, including for evaluation purpose;
- Engineering and turbomachinery scholars interested in learning about the new AxSTREAM® platform features and their impact on the field of turbomachinery;
- Engineering students interested in becoming early adopters of the next generation of turbomachinery optimization tools and learning in depth capabilities of AxSTREAM®.
Upon completion, participants will be able to design and optimize complete 3D axial turbine flow paths from basic boundary conditions data and will receive a free 30-day trial license of AxSTREAM® for the modules explored to continue their progress toward building more efficient turbomachinery.
Nov. 29th ~ Dec. 1st, 2017
Dr. Dmytro Maksiuta, Aerodynamics Engineer at SoftInWay Inc.
English (with Dr. Lanzy Xue for support in Chinese)
Tianjin University Academic Building B506 (92 Weijin Road, Nankai District, Tianjin)
Cost (No tax included):
- $900/person for companies
- $810/person for university professors (10% discount, proper ID proof required)
- $720/person for students (20% discount, proper ID proof required)
Online payment with PayPal or Bank Wire transfer.
- SoftInWay Consulting Engineer, Lanzy Xue
- Wechat ID: lanzyxue
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone：86-147 2123 1765/86-182 2129 8763