AxSTREAM EDU – Software
AxSTREAM – Educational Version
AxSTREAM EDU, the educational package of AxSTREAM comes in variety of versions and provides students and faculty with a state-of-the- art turbo-machinery design and multidisciplinary optimization software at minimal expense. The software can be used to enrich the overall student educational experience by giving them the opportunity to working with real-world design tools. AxSTREAM is the program of choice for educational institutions who need to focus more time on teaching turbomachinery design and multidisciplinary optimization principles and less time worrying about how to construct a course using separate engineering systems and platforms.
These programs constitute a “learn- as- you- go” mentality that aids students in understanding the overall design and performance principles of turbomachinery through the same fully- integrated AxSTREAM ® commercial program used by engineers that have graduated college and are working in a professional setting. The educational version is designed to be easily integrated into the any turbomachinery engineering program’s core curriculum.
With the AxSTREAM educational version, the student will be able to:
- Design a flow path based on given overall application requirements
- Appreciate the interactions between aerodynamic performance and mechanical integrity
- Perform design optimization encompassing 1D and 2D direct problem computation
- Generate cascade profiles that easily relate to aerodynamic theory
- Search for the optimal twist law of classic and long blades
- Perform fully 3D blade design with a custom lean and sweep
This powerful software permits the students to validate the course theory and gain practical skills. It also exposes students to the steps of the real flow path design process and experience. The convenient and intelligent interface allows the students to test all the “what if” variants and provides them with the ability to check thousands of cases in minutes to identify suitable sets of design parameters for each stage of design.
“We are pleased to announce our agreement to employ AxSTREAM for teaching Gas Turbines and Turbomachinery during the academic year F09-SP10. The instruction of 3D aspects of design with the sole aid of the blackboard and projector is a vexing endeavor, while AxSTREAM allows ready visualization and modification of spanwise shape distribution. We think that students will gain a much better understanding of 3D considerations using the visual and analytical tools provided by SoftInWay.”
-The Pennsylvania State University
For the faculty and staff
- Unique conceptual user-friendly turbomachinery design and multidisciplinary optimization tool which is easy to integrate into a classroom environment
- Fast learning curve
- Minimal investment - discounts for multiple seats
- Runs on standard PC or laptop with minimal requirements
- Easy to implement into curriculum Increases productivity and student interest level
For the student
- Easily learning based on “what if” case scenarios
- Dynamic learning environment with intuitive Windows based interface
- Portability – works on any standalone PC or laptop.
- Facilitates highly valued, “marketable” design skills