Supercritical CO2 Cycle
AxCYCLE® for Supercritical CO2 Cycles
AxCYCLE® from SoftInWay lets you simulate supercritical CO2 cycles for compressors and turbines.
A supercritical fluid is a fluid operated above its critical temperature and pressure that exhibits good solvent power. In most applications, carbon dioxide is used in its pure form or added with a co-solvent. The main interest of supercritical fluids is related to their “tunable” properties that can be changed easily by monitoring pressure and temperature: good solvent power at high densities (temperature near critical temperature and pressure much over critical pressure) to very low solvent power at low densities (temperature near or higher critical temperature and pressure lower critical pressure).
Supercritical CO2 Cycle Advantages
- Higher cycle efficiency
- No necessity in licensing and safety evaluations
- S-CO2 Brayton cycle eliminates the need to deal with sodium-water reactions, which is substantial for next generation nuclear reactions
- Comparing to organic fluids
- Little environmental impact
- Global warming potential = 1 and no ozone depleting potential. Comparing to organic fluids.
- Non-explosive and non-flammable
- Low cost
Want to chat with someone about AxCYCLE® for Supercritical C02? We’re here to help. Ask a question with our live chat tool to your right, or email email@example.com