3-Day Workshop on Thermodynamic Cycle Simulation and Detailed Turbomachinery Design
Dates: March 6 - 8
Venue: Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel Institute of Technology | SVIT Vasad, Gujarat, India
This 3-day workshop provides participants with a practical understanding of the design, analysis and optimization of flow paths for turbomachinery components and systems using the AxSTREAM® software platform as well as design, analysis and optimization of thermodynamic cycles using AxCYCLE™.
During this interactive, hands-on workshop, engineers will use the AxCYCLE™ platform for thermodynamic cycle design and analysis before moving onto the AxSTREAM® software platform to design turbomachines (including conceptual design, blade profiling, 3D FEA & CFD, etc.)
This workshop will include 3 days of sessions, one-on-one design consultation with our SoftInWay teachers, and review of actual test cases in AxSTREAM® and AxCYCLE™. Upon completion, participants will be able to both design, analyze and optimize multiple types of complete thermodynamic cycles, as well as a complete 3D flow path from basic boundary conditions data.
The scope includes:
- In-depth introduction to AxCYCLE™ and its functionalities
- Detailed design, analysis and optimization of thermodynamic cycles (aero engine gas turbines, power plant steam turbine cycles, refrigeration and air-conditioning systems etc).
- Role of AxSTREAM® in the design process of turbomachinery
- Preliminary design of turbomachinery
- Detailed design of turbomachines
- Design and off-design performance of rotating machinery
- Optimization of turbomachines
- Profiling and 3D blade design
- Structural and vibration analyses (FEA)
- Computational Fluid Dynamics analysis (CFD)
- Parametric studies and what-if analyses
- Redesign of existing equipment
Who should attend:
- Engineers involved in the turbomachinery design and optimization process who are looking for ways to improve the design process and significantly improve production speed
- Engineers working on thermodynamic cycle simulation and optimization that would like to learn a new, affordable tool that portrays flexibility and efficiency for cycle conceptual phases as well as analysis of existing systems based on few known parameters.
- Students or professors seeking to expand their educational horizons in turbomachinery component and system design
* Lunch and high tea/refreshments will be provided.
* Seats are limited and registration is based on first come first serve basis.
* All the attendees will be provided the license for AxSTREAM® and AxCYCLE™, valid throughout the duration of the workshop to perform hands-on simulation.