Axial & Centrifugal Pumps Fundamentals, Design & Optimization - 5 Day Training Centrifugal
This course will lay the groundwork required for all engineers who are involved in design, optimization and operation of pumps.
The first part of the course will focus on Fundamentals of Pump Design and the second part of the course will be hands-on practice where students will actually design and optimize Axial & Centrifugal Pumps from scratch using the industry-leading AxSTREAM® platform.
The course structure will familiarize attendees with the basics of pump design, starting from a theoretical overview and ending with practical hands-on examples of how to implement the suggested procedures.
Each training section contains exercises to ensure the information is effectively covered and can be applied to real-world engineering challenges.
The attendees will explore in detail all features and parameters of basic pump design. For example: flow path configuration selection, machine sizing, impeller design, cavitation problems, NPSH, noise and vibration issues.
Attendees will also experience and learn to use state-of-the-art industry tools, which significantly speed up the design process resulting in savings of both time and cost.
Course scope includes:
- Fluid mechanics basics
- Pumping station and layout
- Types of pumps and factors affecting pump selection
- Pump parameters and performance
- Similarity laws in pumps
- Slip factor
- Effect of number of blades
- Preliminary design of axial, mixed-flow and centrifugal pumps
- Impeller design
- Volute design
- Design of multi-stage pumps
- Cavitation phenomenon and corresponding parameters
- Noise and vibrations
- Rotor dynamics
Who should attend:
- Engineers interested in getting a detailed overview of the axial and centrifugal pump basics.
- Engineers working in the mechanical, aerospace, automotive, cryogenics, electric utility, food service, construction, distillery, and automotive industries who want to optimize the process of axial and centrifugal pump design, analysis, optimization, retrofitting and operations.
- Engineering students looking for a comprehensive, theory-rich and hands-on course allowing them to meet the requirements of their future customers.
SoftInWay provides a one month AxSTREAM software license for all course attendees to continue turbomachinery education after finishing the training program.
If you're interested in seeing what this course can offer you and your company, contact us by filling out the form on the right for more information!
- AxSTREAM Workshop:Turbomachinery Flow Path Design and Optimization
- Centrifugal Compressor Fundamentals