SoftInWay Inc. is a global engineering company specializing in turbomachinery. We provide extensive expertise through our services, software, and training. We offer our flagship AxSTREAM® platform for turbomachinery design, redesign, analysis, and optimization, as well as AxCYCLE® – for the design and simulation of full thermodynamic cycles.
With offices in the US, Switzerland, Ukraine, and India, SoftInWay supports more than 300 companies worldwide, and works closely with universities, research laboratories, and government organizations.
Position will be located in Burlington, Massachusetts, USA.
We are looking for a CAD Design engineer (3D solid modelling and 2D drawings production) with experience in Turbomachinery – gas and steam turbines, compressors, pumps, etc.
At this position he/she will be part of multidisciplinary engineering team and participate in turbomachinery project development. The engineer will be responsible for the entire project, from inception to client sign-off.
The ideal candidate will participate in regular meetings to coordinate design details with clients, designers, engineers and management.
He/she will be working on components/assemblies solid models and drawings development and entire project integration, coordinating engineering steps with aero, thermodynamics and structural teams. On this position candidate needs to have broad understanding on turbomachinery design and operation, very sharp analytical skills, which he/she will use throughout the project life cycle, including detailed pre-development proposal analysis, projects feasibility estimation, and user requirements analysis.
- Have solid design and modeling experience with mechanical components in NX, Solid Works and others CAD software.
- Detailed experience utilizing ASME/ISO processes in the accomplishment of daily tasks.
- Knowledge in Turbomachinery, specifically in Gas and Steam Turbine Engines, Rotors, Shafts and Blades is highly desirable as well as experience with turbomachinery components fabrication processes, material properties, casting and forging.
- Must have excellent communication skills.
- Must be good team member as well as to have ability working independently.
- B.S. or M.S. in Mechanical-, Aerospace-, or similar discipline with related experience.
- 5+ years’ experience in design of gas turbine elements including blades, disks, rotors, casing, support & etc.
- At least 3 years professional experience at major Gas Turbine OEM such as GE, Siemens, Alstom, Elliott, Rolls Royce & etc.
Due to the responsibilities of these positions, customer requirements, and Export Control Information (ECI) all qualified applicants must be U.S. Citizens or have Permanent Residency permission (Green Card).
Job Type: Full-time
- 5 years