We have an excellent opportunity for a self-directed and results-oriented Centrifugal Compressor Design Manager to lead the engineering team to design, analyze, optimize and deliver next generation compressors. In this role, you will focus on aero design and analysis of compressors, project management and business development. You will be working closely in a team environment as well as independently to drive consultancy projects to a successful completion.
- Responsible for all phases of project life cycle starting from detailed pre-development proposal analysis, projects feasibility estimation, and user requirements analysis to aftermarket support using sound engineering principles, practices and procedures.
- Design and analyze centrifugal compressor by utilizing our in-house software (AxSTREAM).
- Responsible for business development by opening new accounts and maintaining P&L.
- Ensure project’s technical and contractual requirements are met within budget and schedule.
- Lead and motivate engineers to constantly drive better team work and engineering excellence
- Constantly monitor and report on progress of the projects to the stakeholders.
- Bachelors/Masters in Mechanical/Aerospace Engineering or related science
- Minimum of fifteen (15) years of experience related to aerodynamic design and analysis
- Thorough knowledge and experience in full design cycle of compressor including aero, structural, rotor dynamic, CAD and etc.
- Deep understanding of 1D/2D/3D CFD technologies for turbomachinery flow path design.
- Proven experience in project management and writing successful proposals
- Strong analytical and organization skills
- Exceptional presentation, oral and written communications skills in English
- D in Mechanical/Aerospace Engineering or related science preferred
- Prior experience in major engineering firms or consulting companies
- Working with Government Grants
- PMI certification
- Japanese, Chinese or Russian language skills-a plus